The Victorian Government have launched their Business Support Fund where you can apply for a grant of up to $10k - info here.
These are designed for businesses in industries that have been hit hard (either by forced closure or highly impacted due to the shutdowns).
To be eligible
- You must employ staff (or have, but have had to let them go)
- You must have a turnover of more than $75,000
- You must have payroll of less than $650,000 (i.e. you are not paying payroll tax)
- Your business must have been active as at 16 March (as evidenced by an ABN existing)
- You must have been operating within Victoria
Applicants will be subject to an audit by the Victorian Government, and require evidence to support the above.
There are no strict restrictions on what the $$ are spent on...but suggested to keep it to
- Utilities, salaries and rent
- Seeking financial, legal or other advice to support business
- Continuity planning
- Developing the business through marketing and communications activities
- Other supporting activities related to the operation of the business.
Sectors eligible can be found here (however if your business sector is not listed, you can still apply & will be assessed on the guidelines.
As always, do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.
The Team at CP.